Friday, December 9, 2011

The Christmas Chronicles: The Legend of Santa Claus

The Christmas Chronicles: The Legend of Santa ClausThe Christmas Chronicles: The Legend of Santa Claus by Tim Slover

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The Christmas Chronicles gives a new twist to the Legend of Santa Claus that I admit is almost believable! It starts out a little more contemporary than I was expecting, but it was PERFECT! A man wants to cut down a Christmas tree, gets stuck in the snow, and happens upon something very magical--a glowing red talking reindeer pulling a small glowing person in a sleigh quickly through the forest up to a road that goes straight up, smells strongly of peppermint, and disappears once they reach it! Even more strange is that when the little man and the reindeer reach the road, a book slips off the sleigh and lands right at the man's feet. What could it be? A biography of Santa Claus!



The Legend itself is lovely! It tells of how Klaus was made an orphan due to the Black Death, becomes a carpenter, grows up being the most kind and generous person you can imagine. He meets Anna, a spunky, fun-loving lady, and they are soon married. It is a lovely tale and unfolds all the mysteries of the traditions we hold dear at Christmas. It is definitely a fresh new look at our traditions (such as why we use red and green, why we say you should be good all year or you won't get any toys, why we write our Christmas lists down, why we use peppermint, etc.) This is a book I will recommend to everyone to read at Christmas time--I will spread the word! :)



We LOVE this book! It was my Christmas bedtime pick to read aloud this year, and we zoomed through it in less than a week! My oldest two were completely enthralled and begged for more every single night. I teared up a few times! I don't think I can say enough good about this!! Find it and read it! :)





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment