Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Peter and the Star Catchers

Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1)Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This tells the story of how Peter Pan became the way he is--and it is FULL of adventure and excitement!! I've read it aloud to my kids twice now. I think they enjoyed it more the second time...and I realized that they say the word 'idjit' quite a bit more than I remembered! Ha! Since I'm reading it aloud, I take advantage of that and skip it... :)

In this tale, we read of Peter and his friends, who are all orphans living in a an orphanage, but are currently being shipped off somewhere (they aren't told where for a long time) on a ship called 'The Neverland'! Peter meets Molly who is helping her father on a trip and between the two of them, they manage to save the day more than once! There's a mysterious trunk on board that causes quite a stir--it makes people feel extremely happy...and even makes rats fly! What could it be?

I loved all the characters--and I love how 'Black Stache' starts out as the most feared pirate to sail the seven seas, only to eventually become a sniveling whiny captive...and the 'Captain Hook' that we all know and 'love'!

This book is great fun (especially for boys)--but watch out, as some of the action tends to get a little bloody! Overall, though, I wouldn't have a problem handing this to a 12 year old and telling them to have a good time! :)





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment